Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

luglio 2016 Blog Posts

VS 2015 Update 3: installing a NuGet package as a quick action in the Light Bulb

Among the others, my favorite feature in Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 is the option of adding a NuGet package as a quick action in the Light Bulb, when you type the name of an object that is not defined anyway in the solution. For instance, consider the following figure: I'm trying to use an object called JsonConvert, which is neither part of the BCL nor defined inside any referenced library. So, if I enable the Light Bulb, I will find a new quick action that suggests me to install from NuGet the Newtonsoft.Json library, which actually defines the JsonConvert...

posted @ domenica 24 luglio 2016 19:09 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2015 ]

My new article on MSDN Magazine: local data with SQLite in Xamarin.Forms

Recently, I have been pretty busy with Xamarin, more specifically with Xamarin.Forms, so I decided to start sharing some of the things I learn on daily basis. The July 2016 issue of MSDN Magazine is featuring a new article of mine, called "Working with Local Databases in Xamarin.Forms using SQLite". As many of you already know, Xamarin.Forms allows you to build cross-platform apps for Android, iOS, and Universal Windows Platform using a single, shared C# code base and Visual Studio 2015. Because you might need to store local, structured data in your apps, SQLite is a good choice and this article explains...

posted @ giovedì 7 luglio 2016 12:05 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2015 Xamarin ]