Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

gennaio 2013 Blog Posts

My new book "Visual Basic 2012 Unleashed" is available

I'm pleased and proud to announce that my new book "Visual Basic 2012 Unleashed" is available, both paperback and digital edition! This time I had the honor of featuring Lucian Wischik, the VB Specification Lead at Microsoft, as the author of a great foreword. As usual, it has really been a hard work, but fortunately working with a great team (including Matthew Kleinwaks as the tech editor) makes things easier. The book has been fully updated to target the .NET Framework 4.5 and the new features in the Visual Basic programming Language, such as the Async/Await pattern, new tools in the...

posted @ lunedì 28 gennaio 2013 22:43 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Basic Silverlight/Windows Phone Windows Presentation Foundation Windows Communication Foundation LINQ/EF/OData Misc .NET Framework Help Authoring Setup & Deployment Visual Studio Extensibility Visual Studio Express Editions Windows Azure Windows 8 & WinRT Visual Studio 2012 ]

WinRT: getting a reference to files in the project

In Windows Store Apps, you might often need to get a reference to some files that you included in the application package via managed code. To accomplish this, you need an instance of the System.Uri and using a new format that is specific to WinRT. For instance, supposing you have an image file inside a folder called Images of your project, in managed code you get a reference like this: Dim img As New Uri("ms-appx:///ProjectName/Images/MyImage.png") You use the msappx:/// format followed by the root namespace, the folder name (optional), and the file name. It is important to specify the root namespace (even though not mandatory) because in...

posted @ venerdì 18 gennaio 2013 11:29 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Windows 8 & WinRT ]