Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

dicembre 2010 Blog Posts

Announcing Azure Blob Studio 2011 on CodePlex: a new blob storage manager written in Visual Basic 2010

I just released onto CodePlex a new tool called Azure Blob Studio 2011. This tool provides an easy way to manage files on your Windows Azure's blob storage, including both the online and developer accounts; it is available in two editions: stand-alone WPF client extension for Visual Studio 2010 (precisely a tool window) The stand-alone client is available via a ClickOnce installer, whereas the extension is available as a VSIX package from the Visual Studio Gallery (and the Extension Manager tool in VS). With this approach you can receive updates easily. The application has...

posted @ martedì 28 dicembre 2010 12:42 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation Windows Azure ]

Azure Blob Studio 2011

Azure Blob Studio 2011 is a WPF application written in Visual Basic 2010 which allows developers to easily manage files on their Blob Storage service on Windows Azure, for both the local Developer Account and your own account on the Internet. Settings for your account are stored within My.Settings instead of the configuration file (see notices in the code about using App.config instead). The application is available in two versions: - stand-alone WPF client - extension for Visual Studio 2010 (also available from the Visual Studio Gallery) Get them here. You can: Work with both the developer and on-line accounts ...

posted @ martedì 28 dicembre 2010 12:29 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ My CodePlex projects ]

Announcing Vsi Builder 2010, a new extension for Visual Studio 2010

I just released on CodePlex and on the Visual Studio Gallery a new extension for Visual Studio 2010 named Vsi Builder 2010, due to a good feedback coming from a previous, stand-alone version for VS 2008. What is it about? The new extensibility model in Visual Studio 2010 introduced the new VSIX file format and the concept of "extension" in order to share and install components for Visual Studio 2010, such as tool windows, packages and code editor extensions. The problem is that reusable code-snippets (.snippet files) and old-style add-ins cannot be packaged and deployed via the VSIX format. In fact, they...

posted @ lunedì 6 dicembre 2010 18:48 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Visual Studio Extensibility ]