Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

luglio 2010 Blog Posts

WPF: Introducing the Model-View-ViewModel pattern for Visual Basic 2010 developers - part 6

ln my previous post I began describing how to use the MVVM pattern against a model based on the ADO.NET Entity Framework inside WPF apps built with Visual Basic 2010. Quick recap Last time we:  created the Entity Data Model discussed how this can constitute our Model, representing the data implemented data validation rules on the Model side taking advantage of IDataErrorInfo In this new post you will see some more code strictly related to the MVVM pattern, although the most complex work has to come yet. By the way, you will also find a solution to an important problem that I will describe in the last part of the...

posted @ martedì 27 luglio 2010 10:36 | Feedback (815) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: Introducing the Model-View-ViewModel pattern for Visual Basic 2010 developers - part 5

After a quite long interval since my last post on the Model-View-ViewModel pattern with WPF 4 and Visual Basic 2010, let's retake the discussion starting from my promise about discussing such a pattern in a more interesting scenario: the ADO.NET Entity Framework. Before I show you some code, I need to do some explanations. Where do we want to go? At the end of the blog post series we will have the following application up and running: It is a very simple master-details application, that will also allow launching a new dialog window. With no doubt really and really simple. But it's simple if...

posted @ domenica 25 luglio 2010 18:42 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]