Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

giugno 2010 Blog Posts

WPF: Introducing the Model-View-ViewModel pattern for Visual Basic 2010 developers - part 4

In my previous post related to the introductory series about the Model-View-ViewModel pattern with Visual Basic 2010, I discussed how to implement the capability of browsing data exposing an ICollectionView from the ViewModel; also, we saw how to provide a generic implementation of the RelayCommand class.   The purpose of this post is extending the previous application adding data validation features, taking advantage of WPF's ErrorTemplate and the IDataErrorInfo interface. It's worth mentioning that this is just one possible solution to the data validation problem, but you are free to provide your own. The approach that I'm...

posted @ lunedì 28 giugno 2010 19:17 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: Introducing the Model-View-ViewModel pattern for Visual Basic 2010 developers - part 3

In the first two articles of this series about the Model-View-ViewModel pattern with VB 2010 we saw hot to build applications that load, show and save data through a ViewModel exposing data and commands to the View. In this blog post we'll make a further step, implementing a navigation technique between data that will allow us to browse the data themselves. Since images can speak better than words, this is the objective that we'll reach today:     As you can see the user interface is different from the previous sample application. Now we have a details view for each item plus some buttons for...

posted @ domenica 27 giugno 2010 13:19 | Feedback (281) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: Introducing the Model-View-ViewModel pattern for Visual Basic 2010 developers - part 2

In my previous post I introduced the main features of the Model-View-ViewModel pattern in Windows Presentation Foundation, saying that this is an introductory blog post series dedicated to Visual Basic developers. I showed how to create a simple data model, a basic ViewModel for loading data and sending them to the View which was simply responsible of presenting loaded data.   In this blog post we want to make a further step, which is also quite complex: adding commands that will be bound to some buttons. If you had a chance of working with the so-called "commanding pattern", probably a lot of concepts...

posted @ venerdì 25 giugno 2010 13:10 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: Introducing the Model-View-ViewModel pattern for Visual Basic 2010 developers - part 1

This is the first post of a new introductory series about the famous Model-View-ViewModel pattern, from the perspective of a Visual Basic 2010 developer. The reasons of this series are mainly the following: yes, there are tons of articles, posts, discussions about M-V-VM but most of them are for advanced users most of the available materials refer to Visual C# and there is not much VB code Before going on, I suggest you to read the very famous article by Josh Smith on MSDN Magazine, which is probably the most complete article on this topic. Next, M-V-VM can be applied to both...

posted @ mercoledì 16 giugno 2010 12:14 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]