Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

giugno 2009 Blog Posts

WPF: The drag'n'drop data-binding in Visual Basic 2010 Beta 1 - part four (Entity Framework)

This is the last post of the introductory small series about the drag'n'drop data-binding for WPF in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1. We're going to discuss the same topic I presented in my previous blog post, this time focusing the usage of the ADO.NET Entity Framework as the data-source in Visual Basic applications. Basically we're going to create the same kind of application shown in the previous post using DataSets; this means that we'll create a master-details representation, with the ability of choosing customers from a ListBox and viewing related orders implementing controls for navigating the orders themselves.   So you can create a...

posted @ sabato 20 giugno 2009 18:23 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: the drag'n'drop data-binding in Visual Basic 2010 Beta 1 - part three (DataSets)

In this blog post I'm going to retake what I discussed in the previous ones, regarding the new drag'n'drop techniques for WPF data-binding in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1, specifically for Visual Basic applications. We saw how easy is creating applications for tabular data representations implementing the new DataGrid  control both using DataSets and Entity Data Models.   Now we're going to do something different and we'll take the advantage of the drag'n'drop data-binding for generating an interesting master-details representation. We'll begin working versus a DataSet based on a Microsoft Access database, as we did in the first blog post of this series. In the...

posted @ venerdì 19 giugno 2009 12:10 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: the drag'n'drop data-binding with Visual Basic 2010 Beta 1 - (part two, Entity Framework)

In my previous post I introduced one of the new features available in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, the drag'n'drop data-binding for WPF applications. In that article we saw how we can use this kind of technique versus DataSets and, in that particular case, using a Microsoft Access database for tabular data representations.    In this post I'm going to reach the same objective but this time we'll work using an Entity Data Model generated by the ADO.NET Entity Framework, versus a SQL Server database.   So, once Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 is running, let's create a new Visual Basic project...

posted @ giovedì 18 giugno 2009 13:10 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

WPF: the drag'n'drop data-binding in Visual Basic 2010 Beta 1 - part one (DataSet)

One of the most important new features that is available in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 is the drag'n'drop data-binding for Windows Presentation Foundation applications which works very similarly to what we already knew about Win Forms.   We discussed about this new features in the interview I made to Milind Lele from Microsoft during the MVP Global Summit 2009, so my goal is showing something more about this topic. Obviously, this kind of data-binding could need some additional code or additional manual steps to improve the result. In real life scenarios you will probably implement techniques such as the...

posted @ lunedì 15 giugno 2009 20:36 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]