Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

A WPF client for the Windows Azure Blob Storage with Visual Basic

If you are interested in developing applications for the clouds and you have signed up for an account on the Windows Azure Services Platform, you might have noticed that uploading files to the Blob storage is not immediate. Of course you could take advantage from the source code shipped with the Azure SDK for programmatically managing blobs.

To make things easier, I decided to create my own client for managing files on my Blob storage and I did it with Visual Basic 2008 and Windows Presentation Foundation. The source code for this application is available on CodePlex and you can find it by clicking here.

A screen-shot:

I just needed to add a reference to the StorageClient project shipped with the Azure SDK, which exposes APIs for programmatically interacting with the Blob storage, then I wrote some Visual Basic code.

This is just the first release of the application, so a number of improvements could be implemented in future versions. Let me know what do you think about the application and feel free to download and edit the source code according to your needs.

Alessandro

Print | posted on mercoledì 18 marzo 2009 00:57 | Filed Under [ Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation Windows Azure ]

Feedback

No comments posted yet.

Post Comment

Title  
Name  
Email
Url
Comment   
Please add 3 and 7 and type the answer here: