Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

Visual Studio 2008

Ten top reasons for installing Windows 7 Software Development Kit

Since many years, Microsoft releases for free the Windows SDK, an important toolkit targeting specific versions of the operating system, for developers. With no doubt it's a must-have resource, but in some cases it's not well known. I'd like to point out some top reasons (in my opinion, of course) for downloading and installing Windows 7 SDK, if you are developers planning to build applications for Windows 7: it contains debugging tools for native code (the famous WinDbg) it's available for both 32 and 64 bit operating systems it's available for the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 even if you do not have Visual Studio, thus with...

posted @ martedì 23 febbraio 2010 23:51 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2008 Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Windows 7/Vista ]

XAML code snippets in Visual Basic 2008

As you probably know, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 offers an important mechanism for reusable code snippets. This feature is not available for the XAML code editor in WPF applications. So if we need to use XAML code snippets, we can run external tools such as the Snippet Manager which allows draggin'n'dropping snippets versus the XAML editor. By the way, I personally like to have all that I need inside the IDE (if possible!). We could consider to take the advantage of an internal IDE feature such as the drag'n'drop of text onto Visual Studio's toolbox that is good also for XAML code snippets....

posted @ domenica 19 aprile 2009 15:33 | Feedback (296) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2008 Visual Basic Windows Presentation Foundation ]

Vsi Builder 2008 moves to Code Gallery

I'm quite happy about the fact that my dev tool called Vsi Builder 2008 is considered interesting. If you don't know this free tool, which simply creates .Vsi packages for deploying additional contents for Visual Studio, you can find some information here. The tool is hosted by the Italian "VB Tips & Tricks" community (also the English edition was hosted by our server) but in the last period we decided to make all downloads available only to subscribers. So, several non Italian people could not download the tool (mostly because they are not familiar with Italian language). So I decided to move the English...

posted @ lunedì 23 febbraio 2009 01:56 | Feedback (12) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2008 Visual Studio Express Editions ]