Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

sabato 24 settembre 2016

Important updates about Code Snippet Studio

I have just updated Code Snippet Studio to version 1.3.9 with a couple major changes, both in the tool and in the project vision.

Feature updates

First, the new version includes an option to change the foreground color in the code editor, both in normal and selected state. You simply use the color pickers like this:

Here I have used the ColorPicker control from Syncfusion's Essential Studio for WPF, yet Community License. If you have installed version 1.3.8, you might have noticed the availability of a third picker to change the background color for text selection. In 1.3.9, I decided to remove this because it was unstable and required VS to be restarted, and it did not fit well with color selection with Roslyn analysis.

I have also updated themes according to the latest Theme controls in Essential Studio, where I decided to remove themes based on Visual Studio 2013 and Office 2013 and use the new Visual Studio 2015 and Office 2016 themes.

Project decisions

I have decided to maintain and update (on regular basis and based on the community feedback) only the extension for Visual Studio, which has reached more than 7500 downloads. This means I won't be updating or maintaining the stand-alone version anymore.

As usual, submit your comments and issues on GitHub.

Alessandro

posted @ lunedì 1 gennaio 0001 00:00 | Feedback (0) | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2015 ]