Alessandro Del Sole's Blog

/* A programming space about Microsoft® .NET® */
posts - 159, comments - 0, trackbacks - 0

My Links

News

Your host

This is me! This space is about Microsoft® .NET® and Microsoft® Visual Basic development. Enjoy! :-)

These postings are provided 'AS IS' for entertainment purposes only with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied and confer no rights.

Microsoft MVP

My MVP Profile

I'm a VB!

Watch my interview in Seattle

My new book on VB 2015!

Pre-order VB 2015 Unleashed Pre-order my new book "Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed". Click for more info!

My new book on LightSwitch!

Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed My book "Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed" is available. Click the cover!

Your visits

Follow me on Twitter!

CodePlex download Download my open-source projects from CodePlex!

Article Categories

Archives

Post Categories

.NET Framework

Blogroll

Help Authoring

Microsoft & MSDN

Setup & Deployment

Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

Updated code for my "Export selection as Code Snippet" add-in for VB 2010 Beta 2

Some time ago I published onto CodePlex an open source add-in for Visual Studio 2008 which allows exporting the selected code block within the code editor to a reusable code snippet (.snippet file), providing full VB 2008 source code, installer and video.

I decided to update the add-in to target Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2, with Visual Basic 2010. I had no particular problems in updating my code and I could also take advantage of some new features such as auto-implemented properties which make the code clearer. I still used Xml literals and Linq to Xml for easily generating snippets. If anyone of you already used the add-in, the usage remains unchanged.

You can find the new Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 version of the add-in here: Export selection as Code Snippet. I look forward to hearing your feedback but you can also edit the code as you like.

Considerations/future plans: at the moment the add-in can export VB, C# and Xml code. Because Visual Studio 2010 is still in Beta, I did not provide a binary installer. For the future I'm considering to add Html snippets support and WPF interface. Check it out and let me know what you think about it!

Alessandro

Print | posted on venerdì 30 ottobre 2009 01:14 | Filed Under [ Visual Studio 2010 Visual Basic Visual Studio Extensibility ]

Feedback

No comments posted yet.

Post Comment

Title  
Name  
Email
Url
Comment   
Please add 2 and 4 and type the answer here: